Saturday, July 01, 2006

Bangkok trip~

I have to wake up early on Sunday morning...It's near impossible for me!
I got up eventually and went to my secondary school's canteen day. Then rush back in the afternoon because I gotta catch my flight to Bangkok in the evening.

DAY 1
I reached Bangkok around 6pm. Later in the evening, my stepdad brought me and my mum to a Seafood restaurant. The restaurant is really different. You have to shop for your own seafood and vegetables. Later u can choose the method of cooking and then pay for them before you get to seat down. Good exercise before you eat! Did I mention the restaurant is enormous? To prove it, just look at the cooks!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here comes the food, yummy crab, shellfish, scallop and fish!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

There was a bird nest perching on top of my table....Cute??
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I like the restaurant's layout...Didn't manage to get all..Is too big!!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

DAY 2
My stepdad went off to work, so just me and mum. We went to the Grand Palace. The palace was indeed grand and huge!!
This is the first thing i saw when coming through the entrance!The guardian of the temple of the Emerald Buddha!Well u can't really see it but is in the two small terrace on both side.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

There's 12 pairs of these demon heaven guardian at different entrance.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Then,the Phra Siratana Chedi fully covered in golden ceramic. If i'm not mistaken the royalty family ashes in there..
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Golden Guardians of Phra Mondop.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Another look at the Chendi and Phra Mondop,also part of the Angkor Wat model
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Half human and deer statue in front of the Prasat Phra Dhepbidorn( The Royal Pantheon)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I'm not sure what's those little guardian carrying the chendi called but i like them!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Making myself smarter! haha...my mum told me is water of blessing from the lotus and by knocking it a few times on my head, I'll be smarter! hehe~
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Emerald Buddha high on golden throne!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

For some reason i don't like the mixed of architecture of Chakri Maha Prasat Hall. But the roof is still amazing!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I still like the original, Dusit Maha Prasat Hall!(The exhibition of the royal throne, bed and offering of Golden Money Tree)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Last look of the palace before i left.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After lunch i wasn't feeling too well, my worse nightmare happened.. My allergy reactions! Must be the damn seafood i had was from polluted waters! Started puking by the time i got back to the hotel. =(

Day 3
I'm sick. Stupid hotel doctor charge me 3000 Baht for a few pills!

Day 4
I'm still sick!

Day 5
Feeling better and my mum brought me to the Floating Market! My boat number was K 8. My lucky number! hehe~
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Strong grandma! She was very fast and we brought some pink water guavas from her!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Shops along the rivers. My eyes was really busy!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

See what i mean! really busy!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I got a really nice pair of sandal for a vendor that look like Jacky Chan! But this picture,he smile too wide! i suppose he's too happy ripping 400 Baht for 2 pairs of sandal. Money suckers!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Self taken photo, a bit blur coz the boat was moving too fast!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It started raining and others was carrying umbrella but lucky me my boat have roof! haha!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Is amazing they can cook on their little boat!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Even BBQ!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I really like the lamps but my mum refuse to buy me 1 because i brought a seashell table lamp in Phuket...Ooo well...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We didn't shop for long...had to rush back to the hotel. My flight home is in a few hours...

The plane i'm taking...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Bye bye Bangkok!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 comments:

Jarod Yong said...

I AM SOOOOO GLAD YOU HAD A GR8 TIME!!!

hehe...
i had a great time from my South Island trip too...
kz gt bak this morning so i might nt be posting it on my blog anytime soon... tired la...

p/s: sorry for confusing you in my last comment... sometimes i think too much & too deep... will explain more next time! May u b healed of wadeva pain u suffered now & forever!

GBU!!!

Jessica said...

thanks QQ!

i'll be looking forward to read your post!

btw, what's GBU?