Saturday, February 11, 2006

food!!!

Being in a european country is so hard, especially for a food lover like me! I miss malaysian food so much!! Making my craving worse, I just missed Chinese New Year! I just love all the delicacies for Chinese New Year. The thing i miss the most is roasted suckling pig!! mmm...thinking of it makes me hungry! There also bakwa, abalone, yee shang, my grandauntie's herbal eggs, my auntie Mary's braised pork! Gosh...i feel like crying...*sob *sob

Then there's our race variety food! I miss nasi lemak, rendang, cendol,roti canai, wan tan mee,roast duck, siew yuk,my mom's tom som pla and ginseng soup!!! Although the food here are ok but is nothing compare to home! i forgot to mention i loveeeeee satays!!! They have satay here but is not that nice...not without the peanut sauce. Then i bought some tau pok but the taste is so westernised...

But all is not that bad,the burger king and mcd here are fantastic!! Maybe because I'm eating western food in western country.Probably is...hahaha..
Mostly Aberdeen produced the best fish and chips in whole of Scotland! Lucky me!

Being here is also tiring, coz i have to cook for myself every meal.The food outside is so bloody expensive!!!Imaigine bacon, eggs, toast(basically like american breakfast) is like 3.99pound! That's 28 ringgit! Haih...clams are hard to get by too...though they got really cheap fresh mushrooms compare to back home! stuff like vegetables are about the same price but the meats!! omg!! i thought it would be cheaper here but HELL NO!! Most cost about 3 times of our price! i dun get it! Isn't western food have lotsa meats?? I can hardly afford a slice of fish! Maybe is winter but still!! Is bloody unreasonable!!

Basically i just plain miss Malaysian food!!! =(

No comments: