Saturday, June 16, 2007

Acupuncture torture!

WARNING!!!!
Before reading this post make sure your tummy is empty because the pictures I'm about to post may be gross to some...

Last year January,i had a car accident. Remember my arm in sling when I first traveled to UK to further my studies?
Well my arm didn't fully healed. Occasionally when it rains, my shoulder and collar bone aches. Like 'fung sap'. I can't sleep on my left, can't carry anything heavy. So i went for acupuncture last week.


I have never done acupuncture before so, the first time i step into the shop i had quite a shock. The smell of Chinese medicine herbs makes me dizzy. The scary part was i saw a rat in a big jar on the shelf. Then snake, then some odd looking golf ball shape eggs. It felt like a voodoo shop more than a Chinese medical shop.

Thank god the doctor wasn't scary,he was grandpa looking and was quite funny! After checking my arm and shoulder, he transfer me to another doctor and i was quite relieved to see the modern part of Chinese medical. I saw a box of unused needles and bottle of used needle. Phew..no need to worry about AIDS and HIV those kinda things.They threw away the needle after use and is not like in TV where they reused the needle and only sterilize it by burning.

The doctor did a suction cup thingy to remove 'wind' in my shoulder. After he ask me to wait for a while. He need to sterilize his hands.

That's me, worried before the doctor pokes me with needles.


That's how my shoulder looks like after the doctor done.


It didn't hurt that much..


Is the 20 mins wait with the needles all over u and i can't move much!!!


After acupuncture, the doctor massage and pull my arms in odd ways. Then he did this neck twisting thingy like how u watch in TV where they twist ppl necks to kill them. My neck just make cracking sound!!! Then he slap 2 pieces of medicine patches on me and ask me to come back the next day.
Apparently i had blood clogs and i had to go back for another 4 treatment. Oh..well...

That's how my shoulder look like after i remove the medicine patch with the suction cup marks.




Last treatment! Finally~

My shoulder looks like pin cushion...


Reminds me of doctor Frankenstein!


And oddly i had a different needle this time and this needles hurts more than all the others put together!!! i can't even move my finger!! Ouch!!!


Every single time after the treatment, i can't move my arm much. It felt so dejavu because is the same helpless feeling i got when my arm was in sling. Past week was a torture. And even though i had my 5 treatments, i have to go back and check up in 2 weeks time. I'm dreading it...

p.s: this is the reason i haven't been blogging... i can't type with one hand!

4 comments:

Kevin K said...

haih sis, no wonder i havent been able to catch up wit u on9!

to tell u the truth, acupuncture doesnt work very well. i've tried it with when i went back 2 years ago. it was to cure the back pain i suffered due to carrying 50 kg meat buckets up n down the stairs at work.

since acupuncture only gives temporary relieve, i suggest that u just forget further treatment. the money aint a prob, but the treatment just wont work unless u go back to them from time to time... a complete B.S. IMHO. but its presonal preference i think...

anyways, hope ur feelin better now sis! take care!

Anonymous said...

I never want to this!!!!

Jessica said...

kevin~ hey bro,other than acupuncture do i have other choice??? btw, u can't catch me online coz i'm working 9-6 on weekdays and i only online on the weekends!=P

wendee~ i don't want either....

JO KUAH said...

that's odd...I went for acupuncture for my ankle...it was really badly twisted, swelled up to the size of a baseball..hehe.

Anyway, the swelling refused to go down, and I was very worried that it was broken or something. Oddly enough my dad didn't want to bring me to see a doctor, instead he brought me to see his friend who does acupuncture.

Was in there for an hour or so...yeah, the pinchusion thing was scary...totally didn't hurt though, even when he was twisting the needle...while it was stuck in my ankle...lol.

3 days later...the swelling went down and my ankle was in tip top condition again!!

I know, could be coincidential, but the swelling was there for weeks before hand.